Monday, September 24, 2012

Live Oak Pilz

I was fortunate enough this weekend to get to hang out and party with a good group of friends.  Needless to say, a bevy of beers were consumed.  And so we have the Live Oak Pilz from Live Oak Brewery, made right here in Austin, Texas.  Rather than give you my own take on the beer, i'll paraphrase my old friend John (a fellow beer enthusiast), as he pretty much nailed it with his comments.  The brew started bitter, but ended with a sweetness, unlike many other pilsners that have a tendency to finish bitter, almost skunky even.  This made the Pilz really easy to drink.  It defines the way a good pilsner should taste.  He went on to add that it's the best pilsner style beer he's ever had.  I kind of have to agree with him there.  I'd pair it with anything, and it's great for all seasons.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment