Friday, December 14, 2012

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout

Although here in central Texas, our weather has been all over the map lately (25 degree low on Wednesday and a 72 degree high today), i'm giving myself over to my usual ilk of winter beers, that is to say, porters and stouts will be filling my belly for the upcoming months.  That being said, Colorado's Great Divide Brewing Co. has just thing soothe my craving for heavier libations, their delicious Yeti Imperial Stout.  The brew is dark, with a nice frothy head that dissipates quickly, but carries the aroma and flavor of cocoa or dark chocolate along with coffee and roasted malts.  The Yeti has a creamy taste with blends of the aforementioned chocolate and coffee, as well as some hints of toffee and caramel.  The sweetness combines well with the hops giving it a smooth and rich feel and taste.  And it's no slacker in the alcohol department either (9.5% ABV).  All in all, the beer is an excellent stout.  Kudos to the kids at Great Divide.

Visit the brewer.

1 comment:

  1. This beer is sooooooo good. I first tried it via a friend back in the summer - I liked it but it felt out of place in the warmer weather. I've been meaning to give it another go now that winter is upon us - if you can call what we have in Southern California winter (I do, but I've acclimated after almost seven years). Thanks to this post you've put it back on my "things to do RIGHT NOW" list.

    Cheers for that mate!

    ReplyDelete