Thursday, December 19, 2013

Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale

The winter months increase my cravings for dark, strong beers tenfold.  Stouts, porters, and such make their daily rounds over my palette...and into my belly.  And scotch ales.  I love the scotch ales.  Maybe it's the hints of bourbon and alcohol flavors.  Maybe it's the sweetness and bite.  I don't know.  But they sure do win me over every year.  Founders Brewery out of Grand Rapids, Michigan has a tasty offering called the Dirty Bastard.  The beer is a dark and inviting mahogany with a light head, aromas of malts, dark fruits, some banana, and alcohol.  As far as flavor, there's some subtle spices mixed in with the mildly sweet fruits, alcohol, and hoppy back end.  Probably one of the better scotch ales i've had in a while.  Oh, and at 8.5% ABV, you know you've got a good night ahead of you.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment