Monday, September 8, 2014

Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale

It's September, and you know what that means.  Football, colder weather (it's a crisp 90 degrees in Austin right now), and scrumptious, delicious pumpkin ale.  I was fortunate enough to try some Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale from Wisconsin's Stevens Point Brewery the other day, and i think i may have found myself my new favorite pumpkin ale.  It pours a coppery orange color with minimal head and smells of pumpkin spices, nutmeg, clove, and some toasted malts, and it tastes like pumpkin pie.  It's sweet and spicy, and sitting here thinking and writing about it is making me want one right now.  At 7.5% ABV, it doesn't mess around either.  I'm looking forward to imbibing many, many more of these this season.  Yum.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment