Monday, May 16, 2016

The Temptress Imperial Milk Stout

I love me some stouts, especially the strong ones, regardless of the time of day or the season or the weather or whatever.  I keep branching out to try new kinds of beers, but i always come back stouts...the lifeblood.  Lakewood Brewing out of Garland, Texas (greater Dallas area) has a strong and tasty offering that i tried for the first time over the weekend, their full-bodied and delicious imperial milk stout, The Temptress.  The beer pours dark, dark black with brown head and smells of malt, chocolate, vanilla, and some alcohol notes.  The flavor is a mix of the aromas, the malt, chocolate, and vanilla pairing with each other perfectly, the sugars making their presence known, and the 9.1% ABV giving you that warm feeling in your chest.  I want to drink this while eating good cheese.  All in all, I really enjoyed this brew and will have to grab some more, though i also have a version brewed with raspberries waiting for me in my fridge too.  More on that delight at a later date.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment