Monday, July 3, 2017

Elav No War Rye IPA

My wife is smart and wonderful and does things like get me beer related gifts for Father's Day.  This year brought me a sampling of different beers from Elav Brewery in Northern Italy.  I'm pretty stoked about imbibing these over the next couple of weeks, and my first selection from the box is the tasty No War Rye IPA.  The brew pours a hazy, murky gold with a thick, white head and smells of citrus, orange peel, rye, pine, and spices.  The flavor is a lovely combination of citrus and pine with notes of orange and bread, and a slight hint of molasses.  Light to medium bodied and with a relatively dry finish, this 6.9% brew is an excellent start to this gift.  Be on the lookout for some other selections from Elav over the next few weeks.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment