Monday, January 8, 2018

Eureka Heights Nuke The Whales Bourbon Barrel Imperial Milk Stout

I love how when i visit a city i haven't been to in a little while, in this instance it was Houston, my friends there will somehow take me to a brewery...often times a new one i had no idea existed in the first place.  That's pretty awesome.  What's also pretty awesome is Eureka Heights Brewing, the brewery and taproom my Houston friends hooked me up with last month.  All their offerings were solid, but i did bring one home with me, a bomber of Nuke The Whales Bourbon Barrel Imperial Milk Stout.  Pouring a dark black with a tan head and weighing in at 13% ABV, this is as about a winter brew as i could hope for.  A mix of malt, molasses, coffee, toffee, cream, and booze both on the nose and on the tongue.  It kept me warm over Christmas.  I must get back some day.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment