Monday, November 5, 2018

Cigar City Florida Cracker

Last week, i spent a few days in the happiest goddamn place on earth, as the family and i made our way to central Florida for some high times with the Mouse.  Yeah, we went to Disney.  Anyway, the daily visits to the theme park was not about me.  It was about my kids, and they loved it.  But in the evening, back at the condo, watching the sun go down as my feet ached and ached, well...that was about me.  And what better way to wind down than with some tasty beverages from one of my favorite breweries, Tampa Bay's Cigar City.  The delightfully named Florida Cracker, a Belgian-style white ale with orange peel and coriander, was my go to for the trip.  The 5.5% ABV brew was light, crisp, and sweet, notes of orange and coriander layered against some slight spiciness from the Belgian yeast that hit both the nose and the tongue with zesty aplomb.  I could quite literally drink it all day long.  So, if you ever find yourself in the magic kingdom, be sure to equip yourself with some wind-down libations to ease the pain and dim the noise.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment