Monday, December 10, 2018

Sol Vinum

Last week i wrote about my post-Thanksgiving dinner beer, a veritable alcoholic dessert, but this week, it seemed i should complete things by taking on my dinner beer.  I'm not really a wine drinker, so instead i went with a wine-ish brew.  Marble Falls' Save The World Brewing makes some pretty knockout stuff, so their Sol Vinum, a Belgian strong ale aged over crushed red grapes proved to be a perfect beverage to accompany a table of family and food.  The 9.3% ABV brew pours gold with a bubbly white head and smells of spice and fruit.  The flavor was the same mix of spices and fruit with a kind of lacy alcohol feel in the mouth, and it paired wonderfully with our Thanksgiving dinner.  I can imagine it pairs nicely with most other meals as well.  I'll be having this one again soon.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment