Monday, April 6, 2020

Red Horn Wild Wineoceros

I've been doing my best to help out the local brewers by ordering a whole load of to-go beer and then picking it all up around the greater Austin area.  It's good.  It gets me out of the house, but still maintaining social distance as i hardly even get out of the car, and it gets me tons of great beer.  One of my visits this weekend was Cedar Park's Red Horn Coffee House and Brewery where i picked up a variety of brews.  One of those was the Wild Wineoceros, an 8% ABV brett beer aged with grapes and juice.  The beer pours nice and gold with a pretty quickly dissipating white head and smells of fruit, tart, and a little bit of funk.  The flavor is a dry and funky mix of grapes, yeast, tart (but not overly tart) fruit.  It's a wonderful beer for a Saturday afternoon, rain or no.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment