Saturday, July 28, 2012

Alaskan Birch Bock

And so, a good buddy saw fit to send good tidings my way from the Northwest in the form of the Alaskan Birch Bock, a Doppelbock brewed with Alaska birch syrup from the Alaskan Brewing Company.  I love their beers, but see as i live in Texas, my options are limited, and i certainly don't have access to a limited edition brew.  So thanks John.  I owe you one.

As for the beer itself, welcome to desert.  The added syrup makes this a really sweet number.  You can taste the malts and caramel and honey flavors throughout.  I imagine the beer would be fantastic with a piece of cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Yeah.  That would hit the spot.  Be wary though, as the 8.5% ABV can hit you if you're not careful.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment