Saturday, July 28, 2012

Testing Testing Pale Ale, or How i learned to stop worrying and love my own brew

My own delicious creation
After a brief hiatus due to some technical difficulties, we are back, and drinking beer like always.  This time around, i thought i would do something a little different, and write about my first foray into home brewing.  And so, i bring you the Testing Testing Pale Ale.  My wife and i had a lot of nervousness going in to this.  I was positive it would be awful.  I was wrong.  The beer was (we drank it all) pretty damn tasty, if i do say so myself.  Pouring the brew out of a 22 Oz. bottle, the first pint was super crisp and hoppy, pretty much what you'd expect from a pale ale.  Working our way through the bottle though, the second half seemed to get a little murkier (seeing as it's a home brewed, unfiltered concoction, there was nothing to worry about).  This second half was sweeter and not as hop flavored, but still good.

So, all in all, way to go us.  I highly encourage anyone with an interest in beer to give home brewing a try.  It was like doing a science experiment.  A lot of fun, and the end result is delicious.

Since there's no brewery to visit, check out Austin Homebrew Supply for everything you'll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment