Monday, April 23, 2018

Tupps Full Grown Man Imperial Stout

I've been writing this beer blog for a few years now, so i've had hundreds of different brews come into my home and onto my palette, my weekly jaunts to grocery stores and bottle shops becoming quests for something new.  The sheer number of craft breweries opening around the country has made that quest pretty simple, but i've got to hand it to you guys that make sample 6 and 12-packs of your wonderful wares.  Tupps Brewery (whom i just wrote about a couple weeks ago) provided me with one such sample pack, and my very favorite of the bunch is the Full Grown Man Imperial Stout, an 11.2% ABV malty beast that is as smooth and drinkable as they come.  Pouring black with a brownish head, the brew smells of malts, hints of cocoa and molasses, and an overall roastiness.  Notes of dark fruit, malt, caramel, chocolate, and a kind of boozy earthiness round out the beer's flavor with a ever so slight sweetness throughout that makes the beer so smooth.  Enjoy one after dinner.

Visit the brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment