Monday, September 7, 2020

Cherub Rock Imperial Pumpkin Porter


It's that time of year again, when every trip to the grocery store ends with me bringing home six packs of pumpkin ales and Oktoberfests.  And...since COVID has basically annihilated any chance of attending an actual Oktoberfest celebration, i'm going to drink the shit out of these two wonderful styles at home, and there's nothing you can do about it.  So far i've managed to bring home a couple of old standards and a couple of newbies.  One of those newbies is the delicious Cherub Rock Imperial Pumpkin Porter from the good folks at Brazos Valley Brewing over in Brenham, Texas.  The 8.5% brew pours a lovely brownish black with a tan head and smells of chocolate, coffee, and pumpkin spices.  The flavor is a malty mix of chocolate, coffee, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg with some hints of clove and licorice.  It's a wonderful and balanced mix of sugary sweet and pumpkin spice.  I hope to be drinking this one all Fall.

Visit the brewer


2 comments:

  1. Hey, T-Dub! I’m so glad I found a way to get a hold of ya! I was telling my wife about a song that I still have on my phone because long ago I had downloaded a mix cd a buddy of mine made for me almost 20 years ago! And that buddy was you! It’s Dave from the old crew at Star! And how fitting I find this beer blog through heaven is an incubator, with you featuring a pumpkin beer, a style which you turned me onto! Well, hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David G! What's going man? Congrats on the nuptials. When this whole COVID thing is behind us (fingers crossed), we'll have to meet up somewhere. Hope you're doing well too.

      Delete